This does not represent the privacy policies of third party processes or applications integrated within these services (collectively ‘third party services’).
Any questions surrounding this documentation, or any other aspect of TVbeat’s data safety and security policies should be directed to email@example.com, you may also with to consult the appointed DPO of your own company for advice.
B. Data that TVbeat directly collects
The client data collected by TVbeat in relation to the services is split between: Account Data, Communications Data and Dashboard Usage data.
TVbeat may also use web beacons, small graphic images or other web programming code (also known as "1x1 GIFs" or "clear GIFs"), which may be included in our web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a web page or e-mail can act as a web beacon. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the TVbeat Dashboard, to monitor how users navigate the Services, to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
TVbeat may also use embedded scripts in connection with the provision of its Services. "Embedded scripts" are programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with a website, such as the links you click on, and may assist our customers in providing us with information used to provide the Services. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server, our customer's web server, or a third party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the website containing the embedded script, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
Account Data - Account data comprises the following information:
- Customer Account data - on account creation, the email address to which the account is registered is stored by TVbeat. Email addresses is stored within the TVbeat dashboard itself, and in third party applications to be accessible by internal TVbeat account administrators.
- Employer - Data on employer is also stored by TVbeat on account creation, when each user is assigned to a client dataset. This data is stored both in the TVbeat dashboard and in third party applications for access by internal TVbeat administrators.
- Records of email exchanges involving TVbeat support - This is collected on support correspondence with TVbeat by users. This data is stored on third party systems and is accessible by internal TVbeat support staff.
- Billing Information at a client level - Billing information is collected when TVbeat enters a contract with a client.
Dashboard Usage Data - Dashboard Usage data comprises the following information:
- Customer Account Data - All collected data is attributable to a customer account
- Session Data - Information about how each user engages with the dashboard is logged and stored using third party services
- Location Data - TVbeat collects and stores location data for each session using third party services. This data can come from IP address or directly from a Device if enabled.
- User Agent Strings - TVbeat logs information on which device was used to access the TVbeat dashboard.
C. How TVbeat uses this data
Account data is used to fulfil the following essential contractual obligations:
- To facilitate user access to the TVbeat dashboard
- To attribute each user to the right client, so that only the appropriate data is accessible by the user
- To inform users about product updates and changes to the TVbeat services
- To contact users directly where direct communication is necessary in relation to the TVbeat services.
- To ensure that TVbeat provides a high quality support service for clients, and to track the level of service provided
- To bill clients for all services provided
- To verify that TVbeat has delivered on its contractual obligations
There is no obligation to provide any of the data relating to the above, however it will impact the availability of TVbeat services to the individual(s) or client concerned should some or all of it not be provided.
Dashboard usage data is used to inform updates and new releases to the TVbeat services in the following ways:
- Providing general insight on how and to what extent dashboard services are used.
- Monitoring releases and uptake of new features.
- Understanding dashboard usage on a per client level
D. Data Retention
Data essential to the maintenance of a user account is kept for at least as long as the user account is active and as long as is necessary to ensure that TVbeat is able to pursue its legitimate business interests, as outlined above. Other records data such as email exchanges with TVbeat support and all dashboard usage information is kept for a maximum of 5 years before deletion.
E. Data Sharing Policy
- Sharing with clients - TVbeat shared account data with individual users and client administrators, for internal management of accounts. Other contract related data may also be shared. TVbeat will not share account data from one client with a separate client, unless contractually obliged to do so.
- Sharing with Third Party Service Providers - TVbeat uses a number of sub-processors to process the collected data. Examples of this may include cloud storage or usage analytics. These third parties will have their own Data Protection Policies. More information about the third party service providers used for data processing is detailed in the relevant section below.
F. Third Party Data Processors
TVbeat uses a number of third party services as data processors, these are outlined in the table below. More information can be made available on request to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Analytics (Google Analytics), Cloud Storage, Email Service Provider||https://policies.google.com/privacy|
G. User Rights
Dependant on an citizenship and status, individuals may have a number of data oriented rights, including right to access, rectification and deletion of data. Where the processing of personal data is covered by GDPR, TVbeat’s basis for processing is in pursuit of it’s legitimate interests as outlined above. Objections to the use of data, and any queries surrounding the rights of individuals should be directed to the TVbeat DPO at email@example.com.